1. Usually the rate of reaction will be double for increase of temperature –
a) 100C b) 200C c) 300C d) 400C
2. When did scientist kossel give the idea of ionic bond?
a) 1910 b) 1912 c) 1915 d) 1916
3. Which of the metal can not replace hydrogen from acid?
a) Mg b) Zn c) Ag d) Fe.
4. In thermochemical reaction the standard temperature is –
a) O k b) 298 k c) 100 k d) 273 k
5. Which one of the following ion is at the top of the reactivity series?
a) SO42- b) SO32- c) OH- d) Cl-
6. What is the cause of passivation of iron?
a) Zine sulphate b) Copper sulphate
c) Rust d) Tri –iron tetraoxide
7. Which one of the following metal is used for the preparation of fire producing bomb?
a) Ca b) Na c) Pb d) Mg
8. Which one of the following used to produce white fumes in the theatre stage?
a) NH3 b) CO2 c) NO2 d) SO2
9. Which one of the following attacks methyl group in acetic acid?
a) PCl3 b) PCl5 c) Cl2 d) Na
10. Which one of the following has maximum intermolecular force?
a) Kerosene b) Water
c) Common slat d) Nitrogen.
11. Who first introduced the concept of the law of Reciprocal proportions?
a) John Dalton b) Richter
c) Gay Lussac d) Avogadro
12. What in the volume of 16 gm oxygen gas at S.T.P. ?
a) 22.4 L b) 11.2 L c) 224 L d) 448 L.
13. The molecular mass of a compound is 180 and empirical formula is CH2O. What is the molecular formula of the compound?
a) CH4O b) C6H6O
c) C6H12O6 d) H2CO3
14. What is the valency of thio sulphate Radical?
a) 1 b) 2 c) 3 d) 4
15. Which one of the following is not stable fundamental particle?
a) Proton b) Neutron c) Electron d) Positron
16. The shape of a molecule of ammonia is-
a) Linear b) Angular
c) Pyramidal d) Tetrahedral.
17. 2, 8, 18 is the electronic configuration of –
a) Argon b) Kripton c) Helium d) Radon
18. Ammonium Cyanate is converted into Urea by
a) Isomerism b) Neutralisation
c) Decomposition d) Polymerisation
19. Which is necessary for the chemical reaction, CH4 + Cl2 = CH3 Cl + HCl?
a) Light b) Electricity
c) Heat d) Pressure.
20. The heat of neutralisation of a strong acid and a strong base is –
a) -57.3 KJ b) 57.3 KJ c) 100 KJ d) 573 KJ
21. Which one of the following is not produced by the electrolysis of a solution of sodium chloride?
a) Iron b) Sodium hydroxide
c) Hydrogen d) Chlorine
22. Which one can show the property of catenation?
a) Na b) H2 c) Cl2 d) C.
23. Which is the formula of gluconic acid?
a) C6H12O7 b) C6 H6
c) C12 H22 O11 d) C6 H12 O6.
24. Which one of the following is used for the preparation of rat Killer?
a) S b) Cl2 c) P d) N2
25. Which one reacts with water catches fire?
a) Calcium b) Magnesium
c) Potassium d) Zinc
26. When heated, some solid substances, are directly converted into vapour. This process is called-
a) Distillation b) Sublimation
c) Evaporation d) Condensation
27. Which one of the following is metalloid?
a) Mercury b) copper
c) Zinc d) Boron.
28. Which of the following element has valency 3 ?
a) S b) Na c) N d) C.
29. What is the percentage of composition of oxygen in perchloric acid?
a) 0.996% b) 32% c) 35.3% d) 63.68%
30. Which one of the two isotopes is not equal?
a) Atomic Number b) Electron
c) Mass Number d) Chemical properties
31. Which one of the following is polar compound?
a) Alcohol b) Ether c) Benzene d) Petrol
32. How many atoms are in a molecule of sulphur?
a) 2 b) 4 c) 6 d) 8
33. Which oxide belongs to the element of group VI ?
a) P2O5 b) Al2O3 c) SO3 d) Cl2 O7
34. What is absolutely necessary for a chemical reaction?
a) Heat b) Light c) Catalyst.
d) contanct between the reactants.
35. Which of the following compound is aromatic?
a) C2H6 b) C2H4 c) CH3Cl d) C6H5 CH3